05 Jul Did You Or Someone You Know Work For A Uranium Mine, Mill, Or Atomic Weapons Plant?

Former uranium industry/atomic weapons plant workers and surviving family members may qualify for compensation and/or medical benefits. 

Join Atomic Resource Coalition for a FREE resource fair regarding benefits under the Department of Justice’s Radiation Exposure Compensation Act (RECA). Lunch, BINGO, and giveaways will also be included!

What can ARC do for me?

  • Help file new/refile denied RECA and EEOICPA claims
  • Help gather medical and employment records for claims
  • Provide medical screening and/or impairment rating reminders
  • Provide guidance for medical expense and wage loss reimbursement
  • Deliver updates about the RECA/EEOICPA

As a non-profit organization, all of ARC’s services are provided at NO COST.
For more information or claim assistance over the phone, contact us at 844-686-8355

Tuesday, July 24
Museum of the West
462 Ute Ave
Grand Junction, CO 81501


Radiation Exposure Compensation Act

RECA provides lump sum compensation awards for individuals who contracted specified diseases in three defined populations:

  • Uranium miners, millers and ore transporters – $100,000
  • “Onsite participants” at atmospheric nuclear weapons tests – $75,000
  • Individuals who lived downwind of the Nevada Test Site (“downwinders”) – $50,000

Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act

Part B of the Act covers those who worked for the Department of Energy, an Atomic Weapons Employer or Beryllium Vendor, with radiation-induced cancers, beryllium disease or silicosis.

  • Worker – Medical benefits for covered condition and payment of $150,000
  • Survivor – Payment of $150,000

Part E of the Act covers Department of Energy contractor or subcontractor workers for occupationally induced illnesses caused by toxic substances.

  • Worker – Medical benefits for covered condition and impairment payment up to $250,000
  • Survivor – Base compensation of $125,000 to $175,000 (dependent on wage loss) 


Grand Junction Climax Mill site, 1956.
Source: U.S. Department of Energy archives
  • Larry Helquist
    Posted at 08:28h, 16 July Reply

    Are you handling downwinders claims?

    • Atomic Resource Coalition
      Posted at 09:47h, 16 July Reply

      Hi Larry,

      Yes, we are available to assist with downwinder claims. Did you need assistance with the claim process? If so, please contact us at 844-686-8355.

  • John Sanders
    Posted at 08:38h, 16 July Reply

    Piketon, OH facility

  • Marilyn Ison
    Posted at 00:41h, 17 July Reply

    Done windeer & my husband used to haul gravel into the Portmoth plant .

Post A Comment